Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Removing wedding band

Hi all! Need some guidance.  Is it mandatory to remove your wedding band? I'm trying to remove mine because fingers are starting to swell. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get it off? I've tried ice, lotion and Windex.  Thanks!
Ice on your fingers, will help reduce the swelling
Olive oil
If you can't get it off go to a jeweler to have it cut off...I had gained a lot of weight before pregnancy and my rings got stuck, I went to the jeweler to have them removed and they assured me that a jeweler is the only place you want to go to have them removed. They have a special way of cutting the ring so it doesn't do any damage and can easily be repaired. If you go to the ER or a Dr they will destroy your band.
Taking a cool bath or simply soaking your hand in cool water can help reduce swelling it may be enough to get it off, especially if combined with lotion or oil.
My mother had to have hers cut off at the hospital when she had my sister by emergency c section.  They weren't able to fix it! I guess if you wanted a new ring you could leave it on ;) I agree you should try to get it off before the swelling gets worse.  
Have you tried taking it off first thing in the morning? I know I'm less swollen and puffy in the morning. Try then, with lotion or oil. Might work!
Go to a jeweler to help see if they can assist. I used to work in jewelry and for the most part they are not allowed to cut off rings anymore for liability reasons (at least chain stores won't, private jewelers might) you have to go to the hospital to have it done. Your bands will be pretty much be destroyed if they do it correctly in a jewelry store or a hospital but any jeweler should be able to repair any damage unless your band has channel set stones, they might pop out (not the persons cutting your ring off fault) i would try to get an ice pack and sit down with your hand over your head and the ice pack on your finger for a good 3-5 mins, Spray some windex on it and then try to slide it off. Don't try to pull it, use a side to side kind of shimmying to get it off. And if you have more than one ring, only try to take off one at a time.
PS. You don't have to remove your rings but the tighter they are the more circulation it cuts off to your finger, so if you are already having this much trouble getting them off, then they definitely need to come off one way or another.
Pull the skin of your finger towards your hand to make the skin taut while at the same time slowly easing your ring off if needed use a lubricant
I would do it in the morning when you're less swollen. Advoid salty food the day before. There is supposed to be a trick if lubricants are not getting it off, if you take a thickish sewing thread and get one end under the ring and then wrap it around your finger going towards your knuckle. You want to make it a littlr tight. Then you'll then end that you pushed under your ring and it should unwind pulling yhe ring off over the tight area. Thats the only other way besides cutting it off. Dont worry, itll cut the circulation off for just a min or so (you should work quickly) but wont cause harm unless you leave it on for several min (5-10+)
Opps, meant pull the end under your ring
I saw a video that showed how to remove a ring, try looking it up on youtube, it involved a string and wrapping it tightly around your finger. It looked kinda painful but it worked! Good luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.