Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Spotting and Cramping

I just had an FET procedure done a few weeks ago and now am 6-1/2 weeks along. I have had (brownish) spotting ongoing since then (a couple of days the color was a light pink), plus accompanied with some light cramping in the lower abdomen and thigh area (sort of that dull pain like your period is coming). So I went to see my doc last Friday and did an ultrasound and saw two embryos with the sac. I was shocked ... TWINS! Anyways, I'm still concerned with the constant spotting and light cramping as it has not gone away. Nausea has been awful (but to me it's GREAT because that lets me know they are in there growing). But then all of a sudden the nausea just went away today ... could that be a sign of an early miscarriage? I already had a miscarriage at 6-1/2wks (in my first IVF procedure).

Has anyone else experienced cramping and spotting throughout their 1st trimester. It's been driving me crazy with worry and I'm constantly surfing the net. I would really love some feedback to help ease my mind. I go in to see the heartbeat this Monday, 3/21. Crossing fingers that they are still in there, healthy!!
Everyones pregnancy/miscarriage symptoms vary so much. I don't think you have any real tell tale signs of miscarriage though. How exciting, twins!
Can't wait for the update!! Congrats!
Hi I have spotting every now an then ... I'm 27wks tomorrow, since day 1 I've had it, no reason in particular! I just stocked up on folic acid & for some reason I craved Marmite - dont know if you have it available where you are, apparently it contains folic acid and helped me to get enough in to keep my baby! I have to agree with Kelly everyones pregnancy / miscarriage symptoms vary - maybe this will in a small way help you? Blessings

Congratulations on twins!

I am 8 weeks now (frozen transfer) . And over the past few weeks I have also had the brownish, light pink spotting. The cramping comes and goes. It has never been too bad.
When the spotting originally started I called the Dr and they brought me in right away for an u/s. It showed two sacs the same size. One had a heartbeat - slow at 87 and the other sac was not showing any heartbeat. They told me the one with no heartbeat would go away (vanashing twin) and this could cause some of the spotting. I went for another u/s yesterday and the sac had gone down in size and the other was much larger now.

Please let me know how things turn out! Wishing you the best.

Statistically 30% of women will have some spotting and bleeding during the first trimester.  There are so many reasons for this, and at least 50% of the time there is no problem at all with the fetus.  I bled during my pregnancy...and I do mean bled.  All turned out well and he is 14 months old now.  

Cramping is also quite normal in early stages.  As long as it is not too severe, it is nothing to worry about.

Anytime there is bleeding they use the term threatened miscarriage.  This is because bleeding CAN be one symptom of miscarriage.  It absolutely does not mean that you are.  Most miscarriages take place prior to 8 weeks, and prior to a heartbeat being found.  Once a healthy heartbeat is located, your risk drops dramatically.  I'm sorry your going through this and I wish you well.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.