Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Taking Medroxyprogesterone

Hi I posted this under fertility and was advised to post it here - thanks in advance!

I am 43 with irregular periods and my period stopped after June. I had blood work done and I am not full menopause - so my DR, put me on Medroxyprogesterone for 10 days to start it up. Is it true that these drugs can make you more fertile after all is on track? I've posted before as I would love to get pregnant. When I thought I was full menopause I was sad to say the least. I hear so many stories of people that get surprised during pre-menopause when they think they are safe and then get pregnant - I should be so lucky! Thanks in advance for your help.
That's a good question about whether taking the progesterone would make one more fertile.  Try posting this question on "ask-the-pharmacist" forum (if it's not full).  I really don't know the answer to this question.  My husband's a pharmacist & I plan on asking him when I can get hold of him (he's out of town).

I hope you get your question answered quickly!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.