Took an HPT this morning

The good news is it is a BFP!  The bad news is I have been spotting since yesterday.  Not super heavy, but like I would get the day before AF starts.  Its still there today, and a tad bit heavier.  Now AF would have been due next wedensday/thursday, and I know this can be totally normal...implantation or such.  I also know I have told many other women on here that it can be very normal and not to stress, but I am stressed to the max here.  The BFP was a "no doubt about it" positive, so I am hoping this doesn't turn into another chemical on me.  Anyway, going to stay positive and only allow myself to think the best.  I am going to take another test on tuesday to double check, then will make an appointment with OB.  I guess I am asking for more prayers and positive thoughts here. It definatly looks like the ones you all sent for my BFP worked!!  Come on little bean, burrow in nice and deep and stay put!!
So the bleeding got heavier throughout the day, and is now tapering off.  It never got as heavy as AF, but I would have definately thought AF was starting.  So I think I will take another HPT in the morning, and see if its still positve.  Of course, I have been all over the internet, trying to stick to actual medical sites to see what this is all about....I have not bled this early before, and the spotting during my first pregnancy was never this heavy.  Anyway, they all say the same thing I always tell everyone....30% of women will do this, and 50% of those will go on to have normal pregnancies...so I am sticking with that.  I am going to call OB's office in the morning (after another HPT) and tell the nurse whats happening.  We will see what happens from there.  I still had prometrium left from last time, so started taking that again today (as per OB's instructions after last loss).  Saying lots of prayers, and hoping for the best.  Apparantly I can never do anything the easy way...oh well, it will all be worth it in the end, I know.  Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers...they mean more then you can know!
best of luck with your pregnancy. Really hope it's only implantation bleeding hey!!! Sending lots of prayers to you, I wish you all the best. Take care and stay positive!!
What is the latest?  Are you still bleeding?  Let us know after you speak with your OB today!  Thinking of you!!!  :- )    Pam
Hello!

I did the same thing before my period was due, and it wasn't just brown/pink on the toilet paper. It was full on Day 1 AF type bleeding. I knew I had a positive HPT already, but I figured for sure I was having a miscarriage. I also had a lot of back pain, cramping, and at one point some gross looking tissue came out!

Guess what?  My bean was apparently just burrowing in really good is now a full fledged chubbers and I'm at 30 weeks!  So, I hope things are just fine for you too! Could just be implantantion! :)

Good luck to you and keep up posted!!!

Sheri
Amanda,

I'm so so happy for you, I started to tear up when I read your post.  I wish I would have checked the board over the weekend.  This is so awesome.  Now, try not to stress as much as possible.  I had three months of heavy bleeding in the begining of my pregnancy and I mean heavy, heavy to where I thought it was the placenta, I'm now almost 21 weeks so try not to stress until you know what is going on.  I would call and have your hcg levels checked and just take one day at a time, stay calm and just pray to your higher power and everything will work out.

I'm so happy for you.  I know how I felt after I got that BFP after my 4th miscarriage, you worry, you stress and excited all at the same time.  It's good that you started taking your prometrium, that will help too.  I would also recommend that you take an 81mg of baby asprin.  My doctor told me to start taking one after my second lost, it won't hurt a thing.

Please keep us posted and I wish you the best this time around.  I know everything will be just fine.

Love Ya,
Debbie
Did you take HPT?  What was the result?
We are all rooting for you!

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.