Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Trying .... again ;)

Hi Girls!!  With the return of AF (about 6 months PP), DH and I have decided to start trying for number 2...yippee!!!  But I have a question for those out there with LO's....

I don't want to stop breastfeeding while we are trying since I have no idea if it's even going to work again, but I want to help my ovulation as that seemed to be the key in getting preggers the first time.  Is there any natural way to boost ovulation without affecting BF?

Thanks a ton! I'm so excited to be back ;)
Hey there, goodness thats a bit of a pickle, I was the same as you I really didn't want to give up breast feeding either, but I had to at 10 months cause of the biting from baby OUCH! anyways, I am not sure if you can boost ovulation with breastfeeding. The midwives had told me that breastfeeding stops you ovulating, and also can stop your periods all together (which it did with me) Unfortunately you will have to speak to your doctor to find out, I am pretty sure you can't boost ovulation and breast feed, however, I was also told that breastfeeding CAN be used as a form of birth control, but only for the first 6 months, so you may find you are fertile now anyways, but its not definite, of course everyone differs so it is hard to say! Anyways, I hpoe this helps a little, and good luck for your next baby, I hope it happens REAAAALLLY fast for you, all the best :)
yay!!!!! and hello there!  You have been missed!!  I too have recently returned and we are sort of halfheartedly trying for no 2 as well.  I say halfheartedly as we are more not preventing then trying at this point..however that could change tomorrow!! lol.

I have no idea when it comes to natural ways to boost ovulation, but if it were me I would start with OPKS and see what is going on.  Have you had a regular cycle yet?

Good luck and huge ((((Hugs))) to you!!!
Ok, I missed that...AF returned already.  Sounds like your in good shape.  Just do what you did before.  Breastfeeding certainly won't prevent you from conceiving again..that's an old wives tale.  If you are having normal cycles, away you go my friend!
I agree with adgal.  If you have AF that means yo O'd.  Good luck!!!!!!
I was told by my doctor that not all women who get a period ovulates.  Don't know the details, or how it relates to breastfeeding, but the OPKs will be a good start.  I am going to begin using it next month.  good luck!
my little brother is testament to the fact you can get pregnant while breastfeeding (my mom never got her period in between, just found out she was pregnant again)
that myth is why there are a lot of us siblings very close in age who were born in the 70s :)
as far as boosting ovulation, i don't know of anything that you can do that doesn't require medications that would force you to stop breastfeeding.
Our plan is to not prevent from when this baby is born until her first birthday, and if i am not pregnant by then we will go back to the RE.  I am planning on weaning her around 8-10 months of age depending on her....so i will be done BF at that 1 year mark.  
We had to do IVF for this one, so we kinda expect to have to go that way again, but you never know :)
may we all be members of the 2 under 2 club :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.