Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Ultrasound 17 weeks

I had a ultrasound on Tuesday and I'm 17 weeks this is my 3rd child. I am seeing a Maternal fetal specialist since my other two children have kidney problems THey said they couldn't find my baby's stomach also she has some fluid around her kidneys,anything would help I go back in two weeks. thanks
hi, I'm not any type of expert and nothing replaces expert advice. But as an addition I would recommend the help of a good naturopathic doctor. I had a so called incurable and very painful bladder desease called interstichal cystitis but found a great specialist at THe Lehey Clinic in Burlington ,MA and then a great naturopathic doctor and I credit them both equaly with my nearly complete remmission. I'm very sorry about your children's health problem's my son had severe asthma and it's heart wrenching as a parent. I hope that you seek the best specailist and never be afraid to get a second opinion...two heads can be better than one and some doctors and hospitals are just much more up to date on new treatments etc. while others are in the dark ages. you can look online for doctors and hospitals rankings too.  Best wishes and thoughts to you, Kristin762
I wish I could give you some good advice here.  I really don't know anything about this, but I do want to wish you good luck.  It sounds like you are in good hands seeing a specialist.  Please let us know how you are doing.
I too wish I had some wisdom to shed here - try to be patient and wait for the specialist to see what he/she finds - I hope everything turns out okay for you and your baby - jen
Definitely get a second opinion and look for a doctor who does alternative medicine or Naturopathic.  Kristin is right, 2 heads are better than 1
i couldn't agree more with the recommendations to find a good naturopath! i love my naturopath so much!
Baby is fine . Stomach was not found because I had not eaten before the ultrasound.  Ladies EAT before ultrasound.  Kidneys still have a little water but are at normal levels and she is due December 30th. Lots of Braxtons at this point and I am so ready for Sophia Karin to get here!
oh and I am 1cm dilated in the -2 position 50% effaced.  ANytime now!
Thanks so much for updating us with your good news.  I am very happy for you and wish you an easy and speedy delivery.  Congrats on your healthy little girl...beautiful name by the way!!
wonderful news! :)
Come on December 30th...that is mine and my sons birthday.  Such a wonderful day.

Good Luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.