Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

When did your bb's start getting sore ?

Hi Everyone,

The last time I was pregnant my bb's were engorged and super sore esp. the nipples. I believe that was around 27dpo .  I know it might be early - I'm now at 6 weeks LMP but, I'm getting paranoid.  This Wednesday had 4 incidences of cramping so, that got me worried that maybe something's wrong.  I started thinking, "Hey, my boobs aren't sore ! My boobs aren't sore ! Am I still pregnant ? ( followed by what if's).     I've been poking and prodding them daily to check for any soreness.  Nips ( np's ?) are slightly sensitive and bb's are bit sore but only when firmly poked. I just wanted to know when did y'alls bb's start feeling sore ? Any other symptoms you had in early pregnancy would be appreciated - details welcome.  I need to ease my mind.   Thank you thank you thank you !
This time around it wasn't until about 6-8 weeks or in there somewhere.  And it came and went from one day to the next.  It's still really early hon, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. You sit back, relax and celebrate that BFP!!!  When are you going for a beta?  XOXO
Mine always start feeling sore a few days after ovulation- and then just continue to hurt thru that positive pg test.
Hi Amanda and Slippinandsliddin,

I had just assumed that when pg, your nipples/breasts start getting sensitive and the discomfort/tenderness gets stronger and stronger until the baby is born. Was wondering if there was a patent for metal bras...... I didn't know that it comes and goes - like the nausea.     I took another hpt today - and the "test" line showed up right away - doing the Snoopy dance here.  Now that I see it - feeling a bit excited.  Haven't made an appointment yet - this monday ( friday the centre was closed ) .   Thanks for your responses.  Someone should start a forum on " What they don't tell you about pregnancy"  so we newbies don't panic or get paranoid.
HI Sue-try not to worry, although I know that is easier said than done.  I was very paranoid when I was first pregnant becuase I had 0 symptoms-none at all.  I am currently 16 weeks and still don't really have many symptoms.  I never had any morning sickness and my bbs didn't get sore until I was about 12 weeks.  Now they are intermittently sore but not at all what I expected.  I was groping myself every day hoping to have sore bbs but I never did!  Those early weeks of pg are so nerve racking so I undersantd.  Best of luck to you!
Thanks allie,

I had to smile at your words "I was groping myself everyday...." .  I can picture myself and I must look really funny doing that to myself.  Its crazy that I'm "hoping" to have sore bb's   :D    Maybe I'll  be super lucky like you and not feel too much discomfort.  Thanks again, I'm going to try to relax and just enjoy knowing I'm pregnant - my delicious secret ! Yesterday, I went for brunch with my parents and the meal comes with a "bottomless" cup of coffee.  I told them I'd been drinking so much caffeine that my face was starting to itch and I was having palpitations - so I'm off it for now -  "detoxing".  They bought it and hopefully everyone will too.  They all know I love my tea/coffee.  
I didnt really gave sore nipples but if I sqeezed them then yea but in the early stages of my pregnancy I remember having to carry my bb's when getting out of bed since they hurt. But I don't recall exactly when they stopped being so sore. All I know is it didnt last long for me. I am guessing once I was finished with my first trimester. Most of my pregnancy I've not had issues with my bb. In 29 weeks just about and still no pain. Good luck!!!
*im 29 weeks now* sorry typo
good thing you r not drinking coffee no more since it is strongly suggested you not drink it while pregnant. I know I'd avoid it for the first 14 weeks since that's when the major developement of the baby is.  I'm not a coffee drinker  so it doesnt apply to me but I'd be staying clear of things that may harm the baby. Congrats and good luck
No sore breasts here - I am 14 weeks pregnant. Just a little tender when touched. But then I never had sore breasts with ovulation neither.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.