Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Wine

Does anyone know if it is ok to drink a little wine while TTC. I should be ovulating this weekend but with the terrible day I've had, I would like to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner tonight. I know I need to relax and that would help but I'm also worried about any effect it might have on conception and ovulation. Any advice?
Yes, it is absolutely fine to drink any alcohol prior to becoming pregnant...Enjoy!
I'd suggest you enjoy it now!  If your efforts are successful you'll have a LONG time to wait for your next glass!  
dont most babies come about from a fun night with cocktails and dh? lol i say go for it!
Well, I had a nice glass with dinner friday night. Let's hope it did more that go good with the duck!
fingers and toes crossed!
Great!  What kind of wine (just curious).  Don't ya just love it?  I'm more of a red wine person myself.  You definitely deserve a glass once in a while :)   I look forward to hearing good news from ya' in a couple of weeks.
It was very good! I believe it was a Cabernet Sauvignon, but there were quite a few to pick from and that was 3 whole days ago! My mind just isn't what it used to be! I like red wines best too. I'll keep everyone updated.
After my last miscarriage, I asked my high risk OBGYN how long we had to wait before TTC again. This was his exact response  "have a glass of wine or two or three or four and in no time you will be testing positive again" - sure enough he was right and I am now 31 weeks along in my first successful pregnancy after 2 miscarriages. Hope this help a little. :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.