Oh Sally, I'm sorry hon. You know, I remember well when Ocean went through this and look how things turned out for her. 5W is a bit early to be making such a call, at least in my opinion. I would give it a bit and ask for another u/s. In the meantime, I know this will be a really tough time for you. The waiting is the worst. PM me if you need me. Take care, and you know I am thinking about you.
oh btw the reason i went for the u/s at such an early date was spotting. i also had spotting a month later which didn't mean anything either at that point.
yup 6 wks 4 days they tell me i have a blighed ovum and i will miscarry, 10 days later a dif ultrasound lab for follow up u/s they show a sac and a baby with a heartbeat now she's 8.5 months old. don't give up hope, if you have a blighed ovum you'll miscarry but i wouldn't rush into anything for a little while longer just to make sure.