Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

early egg?

December 22th was the ninth day of my cycle. Before I miscarried on 11/9 I had a very regular 27 day cycle, after m/c (natural) it took 36 days before AF dared to visit again.
Yesterday I felt that there was something going on, I had some light cramping, very low on the right and sometimes also around my belly button. My breast also hurt a little like they do in the first weeks of a pregnancy. Just after my m/c I started taking a vitamine pill that also contains vitex. Can it be that I'm ovulating early this cycle? All online calculators etc tell me to expect an egg on day 13/14 but I thing that's the average in a normal 28 day cycle?
I can't recall your age; how old are you?  If you are older, it is common to ovulate earlier.
If that's the reason: I will be 40 next month......
I've read that as women get older, we can ovulate earlier.  Here's my experience, in case it's helpful to you.  I'm several years older than you (46) and have been pregnant twice (and mc twice) since last spring.  (My FSH is 10-11.)  My cycle is usually 26-27 days, though occasionally 28 days.  But in the past year, I have always ovulated on day 11 or 12, so slightly before mid-cycle.  A couple of weeks ago, I went to my ob-gyn for an ultrasound to make sure my October miscarriage was complete, as last cycle I had almost constant cramping.  There was no pregnancy tissue left, but the ultrasound tech measured my dominant ovarian follicle, and said I would ovulate in three days, on day 8.  Normally I would never have started checking my ovulation until day 10, but I did the test early on day 8.  It was negative, but early on day 9, it was positive, so I do think I ovulated later on day 8.  I don't know if this was something related to the miscarriage (my first cycle came at 23 days after the mc, the next one at 26 days), or if it's age-related, or just a fluke.  But since cycles can always be unpredictable after a miscarriage, maybe you should start using the ovulation predictor tests a few days earlier than normal.  Or if you're not testing, try to conceive at least every 48 hours between, say, day 8 and day 18, just to be sure.  I wish you success!  I'm in the wait to do the hpt, which is always a long wait!
P.S.  If you read around online, often people say early ovulation is thought to indicate a less fertile cycle.  While researching this, I ended up reading a few medical studies, and research studies actually don't support this theory.  What is true is that older women tend to ovulate earlier and have poorer quality eggs, but just ovulating early isn't the problem.
I read another post by BG about ovulating early, and testing for ovulation which I had never done before.  I decided to try, and I started testing on day 13 (silly me).  I had a line that was slightly lighter than the control, and the next few days it got really light.  I missed the whole she-bang!Therefore, I figure I ovulated on day 11 or 12, or maybe 13 if the lH surge was on day 11 or 12.  (I am older too, 45 next week).  That would make sense, because we BD on day 10 and 11, and lo and behold, I got a BFP on day 27!  This was the least likely cycle for me to get pregnant, or so I thought.  Mother nature has her ways.  So now, I have had 3 Hcg's and all are going up as they should.  I am cautiously optimistic, but not ready to tell anyone yet.
I forgot to mention that I, too, have had 2 recent miscarriages in Early August and end of September.  I thought it would take a little longer for my body to get back in rhythm...
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.