Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

help please.. a little bit confused

I am 5 wks & 3days preggo. I visited my Ob last saturday to have my u/s. and he found nothing in it even my gestational sac so he ask me to test my hcg level.I have 1997 but he's not happy w/the result.he told me it's not normal.so i have to visit him again after 3 days (tomorrow) for another test.what should be my normal hcg level for 5 wks???that night i have my 1st spotting,a dark brown color usually when i wiped.and the in morning its gone.. is this really normal? can somebody give me answers and advices.. thanks!
This is one of the most common questions on here. Someone saying there 5 weeks n the doctor not seeing anything. I promise. Hcg kicks in differently in everyone. Ur probably fine.  Best of luck.
You are probably earlier than that. Just keep checking it. My 3rd was caught by chance at 3 weeks in a doctor's office hcg test but didn't see on u/s for over a month!
thank you so much..i'll just crossed my finger for tom. results.. hope it will turn good..i,m just confused on what my dr. says "not really a good result".that's why i'm asking if 1977 hcg level is really low for a 5 wks preggo..thanks for your reply,atleast it minimized my confusion...let's see the result tom.. thanks again!!!
My hcg level at 5 weeks was 320! And nothing was seen at 5w 5d on u/s just a sac. I also had some spotting between 5&7 weeks as well, but my baby was fine, he's 9 months old now! Hope all turns out well for you, please keep us posted on your results :)
I went to my Ob today to have my 2nd transvaginal. i really prayed a lot.. and my prayer works! (thanks God) they already saw my sac. but there's still anything there, my Ob says it's to early to see the little peanut...my Hcg level also doubled w/ 5154.. i can't stop my tears!!! i need to go back after 1 wk for another scan and for the heartbeat...hoping for a better results... thanks again.. i'll keep u posted!!!
That's a great hcg level!! And I bet the next time you go for your ultrasound there will be a heartbeat! Like I said, my 5w u/s showed nothing but a sac, never saw a heartbeat until late in the 6th week.
I told u. :-) wonderful news
My frst u/s says at 9w 4d... no heart beat...3 mm in size...suggestive missed abortion....completely disheartned.....
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.