A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy 35 and Older Community
13.9k Members
1492555 tn?1289006425

implantation bleeding? or ovulation?

Hello everyone!! Has anyone ever experienced implantation bleeding? I know everyone is different but I should be getting my period in 10 days however, last week i had pinkish-red mucus when i wiped or on a panty liner for 3 days. This was accompanied by some cramping. My question is, could this be implantation bleeding? or ovulation?
1 Responses
377493 tn?1356505749
Implantation bleeding is not all that common. It is far more common for women to bleed a bit around the time they might normally get their period. When implantation bleeding does occur it is usually 5 or 6 days after ovulation and fertilization.  So it's not likely you would have it at the time you would normally ovulate.  Some women do spot a bit during ovulation, but that too is rare.  We have mid cycle spotting for so many different reasons.  Of course this does not mean you are NOT pregnant and I sure hope if that is what you are trying to achieve that this is your month!!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.