my twin boys arrived....but what a scare...

Hey beautiful mommies,
Sorry for the delay on my delivery update...so I had my boys on march 19th. Adam weighed 6.1 and Aaron 5.11. The c-section went well. I recovered well. When I was in maternity about to see and hold my boys..out of nowhere everything went wrong. I wasn't feeling well and than I felt a hot gush of fluid come out of my vagjna. I told my hubby to check and when he did he ran to get help. There was so much blood. It was so bad I had 3 drs and 3 nurses working on me. The sad thing was my older children ages 11 and 10 where there in the same room wondering what was going on. I remember being taken back to the operation room and than waking up in the recovery ward...I was than sent to ICU cause I needed to be monitor and a blood transfusion. They were able to control my bleeding and stabilize me. They have no idea what happen because I was fine. I am currently home with my beautiful boys. I am going through mood swings and sometimes i start crying because I start thinking about the what if of that day I bleed...I thank god that we are all fine now but it still feel a overwhelming maybe cause it's twins...I would love to hear positive thoughts right now...best wishes to all mommies.. God bless you all.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks kech..blessings to you. Thank you harmony... Blessings to you all.
I was debating on sharing me c-section experience because the last thing I want to do is scare you all but you have been such great supporters that I needed positive feedback to help me cope with the before and after math of it all. I have to admit that it gets easier and better day to day. Thank you all again for being there and sharing your own personal stories and concerns. God bless you all:)
Helpful - 0
Congrats and thank God that you and the twins are doing well.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on your 2 little blessings!!! And congrats on their weight, very healthy for newborn twins. I can't even imagine how intense and scared I would be if Sonething like that happened to me after my csection. I'm preparing for C #3, and it terrifies me. For you the most important thing is you are all home together, healthy, strong & healing. I understand your trama of what happened but when it crosses your mind take a minute and look at all your blessings, your home with the babies, your two older children are home & healthy as well & they have their mother to watch them all grow. Many, many blessings your way!!! And try to get some extra sleep (if you can, I can only imagine how busy twins keep you) that will help too.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Kim:)
Helpful - 0
God is great!!! Congratulations on your birth! May God continue to bless you!
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for your comment..its good to know I'm not alone...no bad thoughts just crying..very emotional. I told my hubby not to worry that it will pass its just the hormones. He also keeps remembering that scary day and talks about it...I'm glad that its over with and God was with me and still is...
Helpful - 0
Awwww what an intense labor story :-0. I couldnt imagine how worried you must have been. Happy to hear your babies are healthy and at home with you! :) I cried a lot too after both of my babies were born but I think its normal because of the hormonal changes especially after birth. Id only be concerned if it continues and you have bad thoughts. God was definitely watching over you and hes got his hand and protection on you cuz ur doing well and blessed to have healthy twin boys! :D Youll be in my prayers for God to give you strength and a continued healthy otcome for you and your new family. God bless you and take care :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.