MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

preemie bby

hi im 35 weeks nd 2 days nd im so excited for havin my second bby gurl at the first time i did'nt asimilate but now i think diferent....i have a lil question at how time the bby gone to b preemie?bcuz i have a lot of contration nd alot of back pain nd i dont know but i think ima goin in labor soon someone let me know? my due date its september 9 but...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
;)
Helpful - 0
33wks!! Incubator for 2wks then just establishing feeds and controlling his temp. Tiny but perfect. Weighed 3lbs 12. I had a placental abrupt ion. was home for Santa. Never looked back. He's 13 now :). There survivors. You'll be fine, try not to worry. Good luck :)
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Sorry pressed send by mistake. My son was born at 33 wks. Was in an incubator for 2wks. An
Helpful - 0
Had my little boy at 33 wks. Was in an incubator for a ek
Helpful - 0
My due day is sept. 9th too. :)
Helpful - 0
thank u so much ;)
Helpful - 0
I had my son at 35 weeks 8 1/2 years ago. He was actaully breathing good on his own but they kept him for 9 days in nicu cause its was standard procedure for births that early. He is a perfect healtly boy!!
Helpful - 0
It was 8-10 days sorry, my phone posted that before I changed it
Helpful - 0
Yeah i had my first at 36 weeks, he was in the nicu for 21 days, his lungs weren't fully developed. At first he was on the ventilator for 4 days, he got taken off of it but then still on the oxygen for 8-10 days, then he was taken off of it and could breathe on his own fine but his body wasn't regulating its temperature on its own, that's what took the rest of the time.
Helpful - 0
Yeah i had my first at 36 weeks, he was in the nicu for 21 days, his lungs weren't fully developed. At first he was on the ventilator for 4 days, he got taken off of it but then still on the oxygen for 10-12 days, then he was taken off of it and could breathe on his own fine but his body wasn't regulating its temperature on its own, that's what took the rest of the time.
Helpful - 0
Preemie babies are born before 37wks.
Helpful - 0
at which time lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.