Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

"pregnancy mask" ?

I woke up about an hour ago, washed my hands etc, and everything was fine. Just now I went to the washroom and washed my hands again, and my left palm is a rusty color.
I know some women do get what is called a "pregnancy mask", but on the hands?
I saw some older posts on another forum from a few years ago about people in the same boat, but none of the questions were answered...just more questions. None of them mentioned being pregnant however.
I have not used any cleaning chemicals, no new foods, no stains or paints, etc.
I am taking the same vitamins as I took last time, but is it possible that some of them are leaching through to my skin????
I've scrubbed my hand with soap and an abrasive pad and it's not coming off..it's just really dry now. lol
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Well, this is a first on me!  How odd.  I am going to guess hormones, but honestly, no clue. When you talk to your Dr. please update...I am so curious now.  
I had a friend get the pregnancy mask on her forehead but it was just a grey color not rust.
wow I never heard of this either, please do keep us updated on what your doctor says, now you have me curious
I had that with my last 2 summer pregnancies but it was on my face. I have heard of getting it eles where too:) I would bring it up with your OB just in case:)
Was just reading up on it a little, and according to what I've read it appears on the face/neck area...and states that it occurs from sun exposure...the sun hasn't shined where I live in so long I don't remember what it looks like. lol
Must be from the snow reflection. lol
Don't have an OB yet...my family doc sent off a letter a week or two ago but I haven't gotten a call from one yet. Guess I could go back and see family doc...but that'll take a week to get in...or more.
I found this...

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/11/T011309.asp

6. Red palms and soles. Even as early as the second month of pregnancy, the insides of your hands and the bottoms of your feet may itch and take on a reddish hue, called palmar erythema. The increased color is nothing more than a curiosity of pregnancy.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.