sharp pain in left leg?

I have this horrible pain in my lower back and when I walk it shoots down my leg. Its not a constant pain but it happens throughout the day. Does anyone else have this problem?
Well, I don't have it with this pregnancy but in my previous one I had the exact same problem around my 6th month and when I told my doctor about it he told me it was normal, I was so mad and frustrated because my pain was soooo bad and at work my manager and co-workers didn't help me at all so I have to quit my job and was not able to claim desability unemployment because that doctor didn't let me stay at home because "it was normal" but I know it was not becaise the pain was so bad that sometimes I even cry...
I have that and Its ur sciatic nerve it's the worse pain. My physical therapist gave me these stretching exercises to do. Tylenol doesn't help mine too much.  I was on Vicodin b4 I was pregnant for it smh can't use them now. The exercises seem to help but idk for how much longer. I've felt like I was gonna collapse from the pain several times walkn.  I wanted to work til June but if this keeps up imma be going out sooner.  I can't risk hurtn myself and being n pain like this. Talk to UR doc see if they can show U sum exercises U can do.
Mine R: lay dwn  bend one leg UR knee up use UR ithe other leg n put across UR knee as if UR crossing UR legs...place UR hands under the thigh  that's bent n pull up hold for 10 secs. Do 3 sets of 10.
The nxt one:  lay dwn raise one leg pull under the thigh and hold 10 secs.. 3 sets of 10 U shld feel the stretch n UR back.... Hope it helps U or anyone else. Good luck
Yep,  that's  sciatic pain! It just means that your sciatic nerve is pinched.  Chiropractic is a miracle! Good luck
This happens to me as well. I am 18 weeks pregnant now.
I am 20 weeks and started Physical therapy Monday for this and it made it worse. My pelvic was rotated so she put it back in place and now the pain sticks around. It is painful. I can't sit to long or stand to long.
ITS YOUR SCIATICA...I HAVE THE SAME PAIN!!!
HATE TO BE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT THAT PAIN ONLY GETS WORSE...IM 34 WEEKS N 2 DAYS N GREAT GOODNESS IT HURTS WORSE...SOME SNEEZES...IF I FLEX TO MUCH WHENNI WALK OF TAKE  SHOE OFF WE RONG WAY...I DID TIGER BALM 1 TIME...IT HELPED BUT ITS BAVK NOW
I had the same thing on the right side. It was agonizing and it shot down my leg from my butt. I went to a chiropractor who noticed I was limping (I was losing strength in that leg) and he did an adjustment in my hips and pulled my legs until both popped a couple of times. I stood up and immediately the pain was gone. I can't believe I let it go for 3 months! I'm being induced April 30th so I'm in the home stretch, but at least my hips aren't jacked up anymore.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.