Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

should I quit work?

I'm 7wks, and just had a miscarriage scare last Friday.   I took the weekend off work ( retail).  My husband's hours are changing at his job,  and he will have Monday and Tuesday off now.  My boss has said that I might as well forget trying to get those 2 says off.  This is our first baby, and I really want time off with hubby. He thinks I should talk to my boss, and if he still refuses to give me the days off, I should just quit.  I know the money would come in handy, but do I really need the added stress?   We can make it financially with just his paycheck, but the extra money would make it nice to buy more baby items. What should I do?
Write a list of pros and cons.  Weigh it all up and make the best decision based on that. God luck x
With my first pregnancy, I had a job that was stressful and very inflexible. I quit at 32 weeks, but wish I would have done so earlier. You'll have to weigh the pros and cons for your family, but for me, the reduction in stress and the extra flexibility were worth having to find room in the budget for baby items.
I don't think wanting the same days off as your hubby are good enough reasons to walk out of your job.. that's just my opinion. But the worst case scenario would be you realize how much you need the money then can't get hired anywhere else pregnant. Your financial situation could change over night.. you could end up with added medical bill, not realize how much you have to purchase for your baby.. end up with twins and need a lot more than anticipated.. something with your car or your house etc.
I decided not to work at all during this pregnancy due to being high risk for gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. I didnt want to take the risk for the health of me or baby when I know that we can make it with just hubbys income alone.
Before you quit if say speak to your doctor of potentially placing you on off work orders/bedrest given the miscarriage scare and stress from work could add to ur scare....then after some time u can reevaluate
I should mention that I work for my uncle.  He knows I'm pregnant, but still doesn't seem to care that I need to back off from some things work related. I'm thinking about going to part time, that way I can all being some money in, but not have as much stress, hopefully.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.