travelling in the 1st trimester

is it ok to travel now? I'm in the 5th week.
Unless your Dr tells you otherwise it's usually considered safe to travel on a plane until the last month. Rideing in a car is also safe just get out and walk for 15 min every two hours to keep the circulation in your legs going.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It should be perfectly fine.  If you are worried,  ask your doctor.  Congrats!
Hello and welcome to Pregnancy 35+ !  

Whether you’re a first-time mom or having your 4th baby, this community is for you. Post questions you have, help others by answering their questions, or simply learn by reading the conversations of others. You’ll find that this community can be funny, educational and enlightening. It’s a wonderful way to connect with other moms-to-be for support — making your 9 months go by a little bit faster.  

You can contact me, Dolphin8808, via note or private message any time (just click on my username at the bottom of this post to see contact buttons). Feel free to post any question — no matter how silly it may seem. I think you’ll quickly find more moms-to-be whom you feel comfortable talking to. We’re so glad you’re here!    

For more pregnancy advice, check out the expert-reviewed articles and slideshows in our Pregnancy Information Center (http://www.medhelp.org/pregnancy-health?section=articles)  

Or download our I’m Expecting smartphone app:  
http://www.medhelp.org/land/mobile-pregnancy-app  ;

And don’t miss my favorite article http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/1899030/Pregnancy-Articles--Slideshows--A---Z-  ;

Pregnancy 35+ Community Leader  
Dolphin8808
And yes, 5 weeks is perfectly safe as long as your doctor has given you the ok. As you get further along restrictions may be placed, as in how far from home you can go and if you are able to fly.
thanks a lot for your info. these days I'm experiencing some bleeding......so scared.....what should i do?
mhv
Bleeding in early pregnancy can be quite nirmsl, although very scary.  Call your doctor and get them know.   They can take blood work 48 hrs apart to make sure your hcg is raising as it should be.  Drink 80ozs of water or more a day.  It keeps your uterus hydrated.  Keep your feet up as much as possible.  
I bled from week 6 to 16 of my pregnancy,  my twins are heading towards 4.  Hang in there!!!
Call your Dr. It could be nothing but it's best to check.
thanks for your cheering reply. yes i did ultrasound yesterday, 6w3d n i felt relieved to see bb heartbeat. the doctor told me to bed rest more.
That sounds to me like an implantation bleed or SCH. It is not terribly uncommon and is the highest cause of bleeding in the first trimester. I have the clot but as to date have not began bleeding. I am 9 weeks today. Some women never bleed and their bodies absorbs it.

The doctors have put no restrictions on me other than no sex. I am very physically active, working out 6 days a week.

Whenever you bleed they will do a sonogram to make sure baby is well. So glad all is good my friend!

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.