Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community

Am I loosing one twin?

I had an IVF and now I'm 8 weeks pregnant with twins. However one baby is very behind.The first scan was two weeks ago and the baby was 4 days behind, second normal and no heartbeat detected. Today we found both heartbeat but one baby is 5 days behind by CRL 7.3 mm and two weeks by mean sac 10.2mm.- 3 mm difference only... The result: poor prognosis for one twin... I'm wondering if someone had the same issue and the baby survived. My next ultrasound in 14 days...
Oh goodness, that is so hard.  What is your doctor saying?  Are you seeing a specialist now?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
my twins measured differently throughout my pregnancy.  up to 5 days difference.  i am sorry things are so uncertain right now.  please know, you have no control over what happens.  try and take it easy.  please update us after your next appointment
to update, I had my ultrasound yesterday and the doctor confirmed that I have only one baby left.
Ahh, I'm really sorry sweetie.  That's hard.  But I AM glad you have one baby left.  hugs
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
28.3k Questions
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.