Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community

Too Old?

Just found out I'm pregnant with my third. I'm going to be 39 when this baby is born.  My younger is going to be 6. I think I'm too old for this! Anyone else start over older in life? Curious how hard this is going to be.  TIA
I'm due April 9, 2017 and will be 38 May 26th.
I know exactly how u feel I'm 35 pregnant now with my 5th child. Due in June, and my youngest is 12 yrs old. So yeah u can say this is definitely a shocker and I get upset alot and then I realized that God does everything for a reason and he knows what's best for me and makes no mistakes. So I just take it as a blessing. However congratulations
I am 37. I will be 38 when my little be makes their entrance!! I started late, however, my husband has 3 others 23,22, and 16. We also have a 2 year old. I am very happy though. I waited so long for my little blessings so I won't complain! Congrats to you!!
I am 39 and will be 40 by the time our bean is born. Our first born will be 4. Not too old at all! Experienced is a much more endearing term
I know how you are feeling. On Tuesday Ill be 40 years old and at 17wks. My daughter is goning to be 18 on the 30th of January. I'm starting all over again. This time around i want to know the sex of the baby just to have everything ready. I have lots of new test that i have to take due to my age. I had high blood pressure in my 1st trimester and now at my 2nd trimester they just told me my heart is beating too fast. Lots of things go through my mind. But I know im in God's hands and thats what keeps me going. Must b harder for you to have a young one but everything will work out.
My girl is 39 and pregnant with her 5th. She has 3 older kids that are 22, 19 and 17 and we are due in June. She's feeling nervous too.
I have started late. I don't feel old at all. I feel ready now more than ever. I am 37 with my first baby. Am 19 weeks and due in June. Am so excited and feel blessed. Will know the sex next week. Everything is going well so far. God is in control. Keep a positive mind.
No you're not too old" I'm 37 will be 38 in June. I've had 3 m/c's.....one at 7wks, one at 18wks(girl), one at 16wks (boy) and a chem this past June2016. So feel privileged and your 6yr old will be able to help out.  P.S. We're still TTC
I am 38 years old & pregnant with my 3rd...actually my 4th. My 3rd child died at birth. My youngest now will be 8 years old. I did not think I would be pregnant again. Cause I've lost 2 pregnancies. One died at birth & the other was a miscarriage. I am so scared right now. After a long time being pregnant again.
I'm 36 pregnant with my 4th youngest is 2 and the other two are 13 and 11.  
My mum had me when she was 39 and even though it seems like a big age difference she is the best friend I've ever had. Must have done something right!
I'll be 42 by the time my baby is born and have the same worries and concerns. This definitely was not planned but I welcome God's blessing! I have two sons already ages 16 and 10. Just praying for a healthy baby and safe delivery.
I'll be 39 the year my 3rd is born and I have two precious at age 3 and 2 so no worries about whether you can do this or not momma.....I think we all just adjust as necessary and keep on moving...
I think. You should love the son your going to have.love the father or your life will be without purpose.
I am also having these feelings. It's great to see that having a child in your mid to late 30s isn't a foreign thing! I finding a lot of comfort in this app.
Take heart,God's blessings has no age,am on same road,my son is turning 14 & I 38 relax and thanks God,all the best
Turning 38 with 13 yr while ld son on 2nd child trusting God to conceive,relax God is in control
I'm 42 with an 8 month old, a 12 year old and a 22 year old.  I feel more equipped to be a better mom than ever.  Being older rocks!  Just stay health and take care of yourself too.  I'm so grateful for my kids.  All of them!  Being old is a state of mind!
I had my first at 36 and I am now expecting twins and I will be 37 when they are born I don't think its too old . I am glad I waited as i feel better equiped .my parents were also classed as older parents in the 80's at 33 and 44 and we never missed out on anything.
I'm not starting over again, just a late start. I had my first at 35, had a miscarriage at 36 and am pregnant now for again due in oct. I will be 38 when I have this one. Feeling overwhelmed at the moment but not too old :) you've got this!
I lost my daughter July 29,2014@ 23wks gestation. Grace Lynne took a couple of deep breaths and died 5 minutes later in my arms.I got pregnant again at 40, and gave birth to a happy, healthy baby girl (EveLynne Grace) on December 5, 2015. 17 days before my 41st birthday. Now at 41 I am 8 weeks pregnant, due to give birth October 10, 2017.Its so crazy, I tried for more than 10 years to conceive with my husband, and although he had a son from a previous relationship, it never happened. We had a few m/c, but all were at early pregnancy. I left my husband, and I have been pregnant 3 times in four years, I guess you never know. I worry tremendously, because I am high risk, and have many health issues. I always just think in the back of my mind the old saying "GOD NEVER gives us more than we can handle", and I live one day at a time. Good luck to all!!!!
Well Im 37 and if we are preggo currently 4dpo, then I will be 38 when my lil one gets here. And Im super excited as we are TTC after 3 miscarriages and 1 chemical last July. God has it all in control and I believe that. Although I don't understand why I had to miscarry and never will . I just than Him for another opportunity to try. So with that being said I don't think you're too old maybe you weren't expecting it but not too old. God knows
Nah. I am 38 and just had my 4th. Hubs wants to have another and that baby will be born when I am 39. My youngest before my most recent is 10 :)
I'm 41 and will be 42 when I deliver my 3rd son which was not planned. My others are ages 17 and 10 so I fully understand your worries and concerns. Just look at it as an unexpected blessing and thank God in advance for trusting you to do this all over again.
I feel you my pregnancy wasn't planned.  I'm 38 years old & 23 weeks & 6 days with twins. My youngest is 12 & my oldest is 18. My 1st reaction was not me. But,  right now I wouldn't have it any other way. Only thing I'm hoping is July very here very fast.
To be honest here, there's no right or wrong age to have a baby.  However the older you are, the less energy you will have to chase after the baby when it starts to explore.  It'll be a lot of exercise for you.  
38 & TTC. My youngest is 10. It's a matter of perspective. Do you think you're too old? Are you happy to have another loved one to cherish? Somewhere in the middle I bet. I'd just enjoy what you have.
I'm 40 and will be 41 when I deliver this baby. I've two boys aged 9 and 7. I first was shocked and scared but now I'm so excited. The boys are delighted too. I don't think I'm too old cos I don't feel it. I have many friends who only started to make a family at 40. I think women are choosing to convince later in life now days.
I had my 1st at 39. No complications & a great pregnancy experience. I'm newly prego & will have my 2nd at 41. God's timing.
I'm 36 and I'm 6 months pregnant with my 3rd baby I have a 18 year old daughter and a 16 year old son and I'm due in September.
Had my first at 40 and my second at 43!
Had my 1st at 39 & I will be 41 when my 2nd blessing arrives.
Never to old I will be 39 this year and I'm due feb 7 I have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter me and my oldest daughter wants a boy I am only 6 weeks and 4 days my sister in law said taking care of extra kids is harder and more stressful and more tiring but can manage to do this.my girls will be in school my 3 year old will be going half day coming home at 11:30 am and plus my husband don't work so he will be home to help me with my 3 year old
Yes I started all over again my 1st is 21, 2nd is 3 and 3rd is due in December. I'll be 39 in 4 days. This is crazy lol
I am 39 I had my first at 19 and will have my second in January
Be pround it's a blessing, am 38yrs,1st is 14yrs looking forward to conceive,will be 39 while expecting.
Worry not but consider yourself blessed
Definitely not too old. I am 41 and  about to have my second child. (Had my first when I was 22.) It's a blessing.
Always a blessing,I'm 20 wks and I'll be 37 when this baby is born, starting by all over here too, my oldest are 18 and 16. We are all very excited to meet our newest addition
Had my first at 29 and my fourth at 39. She is almost 1 now and an absolute dream. Labour and birth was hard drug free but quick and I am loving being a mum at this age. It's meant to be so enjoy it, I wouldn't change it for the world xxx
Having my first at 42yrs...
How nice to read this topic, I'm not alone. I'm 35 and will be 36 when the baby is born. My oldest daughter is 13 almost 14 and my youngest daughter is 9. So it was a bit of a shock and I'm a little bit scared starting over again. But it's also nice that my daughters are so involved and helping out with everything.
I'm 38 will be 39 in December. I'm pregnant with my 5th baby!! My oldest is 21,16 ,14,8 love them my blessings!! You will be just fine my dear!!
No .you are  not  old  . I know so many  ladies who  starting  to have babies after age 39 .and they have healty babies .
Your not to old. Our first baby I was 39. We are trying for child number 2. At 40..
No you're not too old. I'm 38 years old. I understand how you feel about starting over. I have an 18 year old 9 month old and the baby due in November. It's like I have two sets of kids.
That's awesome though hungrylady.  I'm happy for you.  How's the pregnancy going this time around?  Is it different from when you were younger?
Hi and congrats. I am currently 38 and will be 38 when my baby is born. But this is my 5th pregnancy and I was determined to have a baby and not only that but something just would not let me give up. I don't think this age is too old, I used too. Society would have us to believe that we are too old but I got to thinking that before these "babies" started having babies we weren't too old not we are. As long as we are healthy and are up for the challenge I think you will be just fine. I started getting healthier before baby because of my age and I wanna be able to keep up with my lil one :-) and after he is born I am def getting back in the gym. I wanna be able to run and play with my baby not watch someone else enjoying all that time with him. I wish you all the best MOM, you got this
Hi, hun! I'm 40 yo. Finally I started family and we both want to have babies. I had unsuccessful tries TTC for 13 months with no result previously. So we applied for help in a fertility clinic overseas. Tests showed nothing but a low amh. Apart from being 40, and having extra kilos they found no explanation for my infertility. I'm finally due to start injections as soon as my period starts. I'm so over waiting. I'm a little beside myself. I believe I have needle phobia so can;t take it easy at all.
This was a little background. So we're struggling to have a baby at 40 yo. I'd say this is because I failed to have the right man by my side earlier. I wanted to start my family first. Then I wasted time on relationship with my ex partner who brought nothing to my life but disappointment. Now I'm blessed to be together with my dh. Yes, this is ripe age and some unknown issues, but it's definitely NOT late to have babies! If only we could pass our ivf cycle successfully..
I'm happy for you and you LO. Get rid of negative thoughts and enjoy your pregnancy to the full! All the best of luck x
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
28.3k Questions
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.