Twins and Bicornuate Uterus

Hi everyone,

I am looking for people with a bicornuate uterus that were/are pregnant with twins. I am currently 16 weeks preganant with twins (non-id) in the same horn and I was just wondering how you got on?

My consultant worried me a little yesterday with chats about premature labour so I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing your experiences?

Katie
Have you seen a specialist?  Twins are typically premature and women with bicorniate uterus often have to deliver early if they run out of space.  Your uterus can stretch to accomodate the growth but you need to be very closely monitored.  You should definitely talk to a perinatologist.  My friend with bicornuate uterus is going through ivf and she was told that in case of twins she will need fetal reduction or else she will lose the entire pregnancy.