21 weeks and constant headaches / sore neck!!

I have had my bp checked, i have tried all home remedies known to man, lol.
Panadole and panadene barely touch them when there bad. I have been having headaches since 16 weeks, everyday. I think theres been two days without them. Ive been to my ob and gp.

Im 21 weeks and really want them to stop. There not migraines there more like tension headache in back and top of head. Andmy scalp feels tight and sore.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Joliejesuis, that is exactly how i am. I also cry alot as i want it to stop, i cannot handle it sometimes And wake up with it and it stays all day again. Just like today again. Really 28 weeks? Im only 21+3 i couldnt imagine them staying around untill then :o... ive been like this since 16/17 weeks. I see a neurologist on the 29th of this month but i dont think they will be able to do much. Have you had them long? Ill keep up with the magnesium just incase.

Whats IIH soon2be5?
Helpful - 0
Soon2be5, where abouts was you headache? Did it feel like a throbbing or pressure type feeling? Also did your scalp feel sore or tight type thing?

Helpful - 0
Boy!!! I know headache r rough I get them to the best bet is to hold a piece of ice between ur thumb and index finger and focus on the pound for and bout a minute it will give you some control with in 3 minutes
Helpful - 0
It's hard to explain the pain. It felt like it was everywhere... IIH is idiopathic intercranial hypertension. Mine  started around 14-15 weeks
Helpful - 0
Ahh ok, im not in constant pain, sometimes its just an annoying and dull headache its just tiering cause it some sort of head ache everyday and some days my neck hurts with it. Aghhh. Most of my headaches are at the back of my head and top and they put it down to tension aftwr spending a week in hospital. I do get migraines in my sides and temples but not at the same time and not all the the time. Wouldnt 2 mri's pick up extra fluid around the brain or any fluid lumps?
I am only asking to try and narrow it down, if its worth asking about it.
Did some days feel awful like alot of pain and others Manageable?
And is there any treament?

Thanks for the idea im going try the ice thing :-)
Helpful - 0
Mine wasn't considtant either and yep some days were managae and the others I wasaying in bed crying in excruciating pain. I had head scans and no. The only way to know is a spinal tap/lumbar puncture - same thing lol. I had it and right at that point they told me my pressure was elevated and after they drained my fluid it releived my pain. Not instant but it helped and I haven't had a headache since.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.