34 week scan..

Hi im booked in for a growth scan tomorrow and im getting really nervous because everyone constantly tells me im really big. My son whos 4 even says ive got a cow in my belly.. :(
With my son I didnt show at all but lost all the fluid around him by the time I was 36 weeks so had him early. Has anyone else had this and had an average size baby? Both me and my partner were 7lb4 when born but I was a month early.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What is a scan??  
Helpful - 0
everyone always tells me im huge but im measuring right were i should be my mid wife also had me get a scan done at 31 weeks for other reasons and baby is measuring right where he should be. So it could just be the way the baby is laying that makes you look big. Has your doctor said anything about your size?
Helpful - 0
Ive been head down from 28 weeks. And everytime shes measured me ive been a week bigger but a midwife at hospital measured me a week less 2 weeks ago yet dr messured me same as I am so guess u can never be sure?x
Helpful - 0
Danielle_14 a scan is an ultrasound
Helpful - 0
I just had one at 32 weeks. I had been measuring Right On and that Appointment Measured me a week or two farther. scan show that he has long legs and a big belly but everything else is fine. they also said I have a lot of water so that could be why measuring big
Helpful - 0
I just had an ultrasound today for my 32 week check. She weighed in at 5 pounds 2 ounces which is big for now. But the doctor was fine with it. Just going to be a big baby. My only thought is at least I can blame my big belly on her and hopefully it will go away faster after haha
Helpful - 0
How did u do?? Hope all is well!
Helpful - 0
My scan is later on today. So still nervous.!
Helpful - 0
Good luck hope all gose well please let us no x
Helpful - 0
Will do
Helpful - 0
So had the scan average size baby! Phew
Dr is sure I have diabetes tho so back tomorrow for yet more bloods to be taken
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.