Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

37 weeks with breech baby

This is my fourth pregnancy and I'll be 37 weeks on Monday. I had an appointment today, and my doctor informed me that my baby had flipped back into the breech position. He's been head down since around 28 weeks, but in the last week, he's decided to be difficult with me and flip back breech, LOL.

My options are (1) to wait and see if he flips back and if so, have a vaginal birth, (2) if he doesn't flip back then I'll have a c-section, or (3) have the doctor try to do a procedure that is called a "version procedure" which is the doctor manually flipping the baby.

My question is: has anyone ever had this version procedure done? And if so, what should I expect if I decide to do it? Is it painful? Did it work for you?

Just trying to get some experienced opinions on the matter before I have to decide what to do. Thanks ladies!
Thanks so much for your response!! I went back into my doctors office yesterday to see if my little man was still breech, but he decided to go back head down! I feel so relieved... though he could decide to flip again, but my doctor assured me that if he does, she feels that the version procedure would be a great option for me because it seems I have a lot if room in the womb from all my pregnancies.. So I'm going to quit worrying and enjoy the rest of this (final) pregnancy. Again, thanks so much!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.