5 weeks pregnant but only see only SAC no fetus

Per my LMP i am 5 weeks pregant. But the doctor not seen the fetus only the SAC Please advise i am very excited for this pregnancy after my m/c last August 7, 2006.
Hello I am very confussed and concerned. I went to the doctor for a new ob appt on 12/11/09. The Dr. measured me at 5 weeks and stated that I should be atleast 8-10 weeks according to the last day of my cycle. She took blood work, which was 2493 and then took blood work on Monday which was 2808. Now at first the doctor said as long as the labs go up then im ok but if down then I will miscarry. Now she is saying that it is not good because my labs should almost triple. She wants me to come back in one week and get another ultrasound. I am confussed....Need some advice..What should I do?? Has this happened to anyone else?
Good eve! merry xmas 2 all! i am worried about my ultrasound report. I had it last Sunday. It showed that I'm 5w 3d preg. No yolk and embryonic pole noted yet, only a gest. sac. I am scared about this since i had miscarriage last August this year. I had implantation bleeding that time for a week and this second preg i undergo the same thing too. I've just read all your comments guys and it is a great relief to know that it is just normal to see only a sac and no fetus yet at this stage of pregnancy.. Thanks a lot for posting your comments! They are  great help to us, preggy women. I wish my baby is ok and soooooo excited to hear his  heartbeat the next time i will have my ultrasound! God bless us all preggy women and we will just take every concern to God in prayer!  He never fail to help us!
I can't find any information on whats going on with me...please help!!!
At my last ultrasound they measured the fetus at 5 1/2 weeks, with a fetal pole, but no heartbeat. The yolk sac is measuring 10 weeks though.
What the heck could be happening? The u/s tech was pretty confused and had to call the doctor. They said I have to come back and take another u/s in a couple days.
If anyone has any information or has heard of this, please let me know. I think, not knowing has been the hardest part. The u/s before this last one, didn't have a fetal pole. I'm really confused. I took a pregnancy test on the 28 of Dec. I don't think you can be pregnant a week and be able to tell? I don't know...
Thanks!!
Thank you sooooo much to all of you!  I have some relief after reading your posts.  This  is my firsy pregnancy (unplanned)  and very happy about it.  My last period was Jan 21st-ish and that would put me at 7 weeks this week, however I was having some pain on my left side and saw the doctor in the emerge, he sent me for an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic.  I had a transvaginal ultrasound done when I was almost 6 weeks however the ultrasound tech said she wouldnt put me at that.  THe report came back and the pregnancy is intrauterine thank god but no fetus or fetal pole was seen, yolk sac was for sure seen.  They suggested a repeat in 10 days.  So Im obviously very scared that this isnt progressing how it should be, but my hcg levels are good and after reading all your posts I have relaxed somewhat.  Hopefully it was just too soon to see.  My next ultrasound is March 16th wish me luck.
I am going through the same things, can anyone give me an update as to what ended up happening?  I went in  at just over 5 weeks and all we saw was the sac, no baby.  She said it might be too early to see it and scheduled me for another one in 2 weeks.  i didnt think much of it until I got home and started doing some research.  Can anyone update me as to what happened to them?
I am pregant and my hcg levels arein the 3,000 and I went for my frist ultrasound on 4/14 and they seen a sac but no baby. I don't know what to do!!! I go back on the19th to see if there is a baby or not yet. has this happend to any one eles?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.