5 weeks pregnant but only see only SAC no fetus

Per my LMP i am 5 weeks pregant. But the doctor not seen the fetus only the SAC Please advise i am very excited for this pregnancy after my m/c last August 7, 2006.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are more then likely very early in your pregnancy it sounds very normal. Try not to worry so much the stress alone can cause you to have complications. Just know that you are pregnant your levels are good and you have a g-sac... all very good things! Relax sweetie you are going to be just fine:)
Helpful - 0
By my own calculations i believe i am between 8 and 9 weeks. my last period was 18th feb. although i started spotting on fri night just once when i wiped, i called nhs 24 they said could be because hed sex night before or inplantation bleed, and just to rest, however i went to college yesterday and noticed brownish discharge so called the midewife and she got me in for a scan. at the hospital the scan measured me at only 5wks.....so confused could only see the sac nothing else and to go back in 10days time. but last night i started bleeding more red this time but still not very must and there was still some when i wiped this morning. it has now stopped again???? i did not get a positive result untill i was 3 weeks late by my calculations.....could i just perhaps be earlier and implantation bleed. i have two children normal pregnancy with both but misscarage begining last year.
Helpful - 0
I am going through the same thing i went to th er due to pink spotting got an internal and was told it looked good but ultrasound only found the yolk sack i am 5 weeks 4 days have most of you had positive news after  your second ultrasound?
Helpful - 0
well went back for my scan yeasterday to see how things were, turns out all is well and i am now 7weeks 2days, i was shocked to see so much had changed in the 10days, a little heart beat and from the last scan seeing just the sac wow could make out little fetus amazing. so looks as though my dates were bit messed up and inbetween my dates and the first scan date. but just to comfort anyone who needs it. both my pregnancys with my sons were different and straight forward no bleeding, pos tests b4 i missed my period as normal as pregnancy goes, so having one that is different and some light spotting is not always a bad thing, sometimes just normal. however any spotting should be checked out but dont give up things can still be fine and normal. it was so scary as last time spotting turned out to be a miscarage but so far things look really good.......just hope next 5 wks fly to get through the 12 wks and will feel more at ease. then i can start to tell my family and friends and sons off course they gonna have a baby brother or sister. be positive guys, will up date soon good luck xxx
Helpful - 0
When i first found out I was pregnant the doctors told me that i was  6 weeks and 3 days. Then the very next day, when there was bleeding I got an emergency ultra sound and they said I was 10 weeks and 3 days. But I had my period the month before I found out I was pregnant. ?Help?
Helpful - 0
I am 5 weeks along and I had asked my doc for a trans vag ultrasound because my last pregnancy ended up being an eptopic.  Again....no sac....nothing.....he said we'll do another ultrasound in a week or two (depending on how my bloodwork turns out)....but what's my probability of another tubal pregnancy.  Could it be my "sac" isn't formed yet?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.