Abdominal Pain

Hi All,
This is my first pregnancy, I am 8 weeks along.
I've experienced mild cramping (felt like I was going to start my period) off and on since I found out I was expecting.
However, tonight I started feeling moderate abdominal pain - it was what I would expect a contraction to feel like. It would start, kind of radiate across my belly for maybe 5 seconds, ease up for 5 seconds then start again. I also had some lower back pain - so of course I worried about m/c. I've had no bleeding or spotting though.
I'd talked myself into going to the ER around the time it stopped. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It seems that when I get used to one symptom something new pops up and my anxiety goes through the roof again! :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all very much! I ended up staying home and waiting it out. It freaked me out since it wasn't the period-like cramping this time. It hurt pretty bad! If it starts again I'm not going to hesitate to visit an urgent care or the ER. I get my first ultrasound in one week so I'll know for sure if everything is okay. Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Mention it to your doctor to be on the safe side, but I had that early in my pregnancy too
Helpful - 0
Cramps can be normal. If you are bleeding and filling a maxi pad an hour see a doctor.
Helpful - 0
It's normal I'm 6weeks about to be 7 cramping like I'm about to get my period.....
Helpful - 0
Ive experienced this as well and what I did too make my self more comfortable was take some Tylenol...I work on my feet and when I first found out the cramps and pressure/aches were so uncomfortable but the Tylenol definitely helped! :)
Helpful - 0
I have been going through it for a while as well as bleeding and I am 11 weeks now. Each time I go to the doctor or emergency room they say the baby doing great and that they are not sure where the bleeding is even coming from. But if you are worried there is nothing wrong with getting checked out.
Helpful - 0
Hey! I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and I too have had some cramping just as you described and have asked around if it's normal, I work in a hospital, and all have said it's normal only if it is unbearable and spotting occurs should you be worried and contact your physician. Hope this eases your worry! :)
Helpful - 0
Its normal
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.