Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Acid Reflux and 36 weeks and 1 day

How is it that the closer I get to my due date the worse my acid reflux gets. At night time when I'm trying to sleep I have it real bad. What can I do.
don't drink 10 min before during or after a meal, don't eat too late. Although I noticed since about 35 weeks, it doesn't matter that I haven't eaten anything in 5 hours, as soon as I lay down for bed, it starts up. I have been taking zantac with my doctors permission since it started. Laying on your left side will keep the flap that goes from the esophagus to the stomach closed which can help a bit. I usually have to lay there at least an hour before I can switch to my other side. Besides that, stay away from meals and just eat snacks...that's about all I have been told over this course of time and some helped...some hasn't. Hope something helps for ya. Good luck! :)
Ok thank you for the advice I will be trying it out soon.
I've tried everything and nothing helps. I already take PepcidAC twice a day but even that is starting not to help anymore. I can't take it anymore, I have it really bad 24hrs a day now. Sometimes I just want to scream :(
I had it bad in my first trimester now I am 27 weeks its back with a vengeance. I cant even drink water with out heart burn. I am on nexium which my dr perscribed it helps a lot and tums too.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.