Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Anxiety/ panic attacks...Anyone else suffering too?

I have really bad anxiety. Does any one else suffer from this? What helps you get thru the day?
I'm not really sure if your asking this to get through your pregnancy?  If not it's posted in the wrong spot: -)

With that being said,  I suffer from severe anxiety disorder.  I took medication as a teen, but took my self off because I felt I should be normal and I want to live a normal life with out medication.  

So now as a adult of course I still suffer,  but don't take medication.  I am also bipolar,  and have frequent depression.  

I listen to music,  a panic attack hits, I go for a walk, to breath & calm my self down. At times it's embarrsing to mention to any one. And quite scary to go through one are ppl. my body gets numb, can't breath, room spins,  and my body gets a dream like feeling.  They are not  the normal  "starting a new job, or first day of school " anxiety .  And ppl that don't have the issue think, oh she's crazy .  

But I live a normal life! I'm married,  2 children,  and another on the way in November and I am a lpn.  

So you just have to find your own personal ways to deal with this. It will never go away. Or you can be on meds.  Your choice
Exercise tests better than anti-anxiety meds and you need to exercise during pregnancy anyway, so kill two birds with one stone and join a pregnancy exercise group.
Awesome my husband has been telling me to get out the house. Go for a walk lol. I'm such a home body.
i have had this disorder for almost 5 years. xanax a very low dosage helps.. when baby is born I'm going back on full meds
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.