Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Anxiety/panic attacks

So I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for about 8 years. I used to be on medication for them for a long time til I finally realized I didn't want to be dependent on the medications. I had became addicted and eventually weaned myself off of them completely. It's been about 2 years and I've been fine without them. But here lately I've been having a bit of anxiety. My fear is when I go into labor I'll have a full blown panic attack and that scares me to death. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar? If so how did you cope any advise you can give me?
Idk how I am coping but I surprisingly am... I have PTSD bipolar anxiety depression and a few others that haven't yet been confirmed. I have been on and off meds since asking to be assessed as a young teen. I never felt they helped but others said they seen a big difference. I don't want to be dependant on meds - I refuse to even take a tylonel lol. But I know now it's just getting worse and there are days where I want to run thru a wall. Almost every little thing people around me do whether it being fiancé or my girls I'll snap when I'm not meaning too. I def reduce to take anything while pregnant no matter what so I have been thinking I need to get back on some type of meds once I have her in a fee weeks..... I also have sleeping problems and am supposed to be taking sleeping meds but don't. I feel like a bad parent when I take anything. :(
That is I too of my panic attacks!!!
Oh wow. Sorry you have to deal with all that. I'm pretty against medication now since it really had me going down a wrong path. But I know others that take them and it works for them. I most definitely don't trust to take them while pregnant. I just hope labor will go good and I won't have them during. I hear people say aboutanxiety  getting
Worse during the last trimester and that worries me. :/
Ive had 2 panic attacks since being pregnant and it feels worse than before. I think about dying in labor, but I have to snap out of it. I think you will be fine, idk if you suffer attacks being stressed but when I am it gets worse.
whatt worked for me is I reminded myself that  of all the times I had anxiety or a panic attack.. how many of those times did something actually go wrong. write it in a journal...to record it
Thank you ladies. I wish you all the best. xxx
I have anxiety. I used to take medication, but don't like medication so I normally cope through exercise,yoga, Pilates, martial arts etcetera, and other means like reading or talking with a friend. During third trimester here though I have begun to get infrequent panic attacks sometimes at night and am constantly feeling high levels of stress. My doctor prescribed something called hydroxyzine Pam or something which seems to be helping. Also, every time I'm feeling extra stressed or like I might be going to have a panic attack - physically tense or tightness in the chest, I'm going to sleep right away to help avoid anything that might trigger a panic attack. I've also been trying to take it easier, have asked my husband for help, and am working fewer hours as much as possible... so instead of 50-60 hours more like 40-45.
Oh also he said it was a new med that was specifically for anxiety and good during pregnancy. I have not had any issues on it so far. I'm taking it as needed and as little as possible when I feel extra stressed. I have had no panic attacks since taking the medication.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.