Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Anxiety

any of you ladies suffer anxiety? I was diagnosed about 8 months ago with anxiety and prescribed medications. I didn't take the meds because I wanted to fight through it knowing I was ok and it was all mental. On occasion I would take the anti-anxiety meds on nights I couldn't sleep at all (that was a total of maybe 6 times in the last 8 months). Anyways now I'm 7-8 weeks pregnant with my third baby and recently started to feel my anxiety symptoms again. Just wanted to see if anyone else out there suffers from it and how you are coping with it during your pregnancy?! Thanks ladies!
Yes! Bug time with social anxiety for 8 years now. I was on/off medications for the past 5 years. Before i got pregnant i was taking Zoloft for about two years with xanax as needed. I got off of it a month before getting pregnant since we were trying and i didnt want to take it during this time. It was so hard especially giving up the xanax but therapy helps a lot for me. I will probably always go to therapy for this..theres good days and bad but lately a lot more good.. i dont have much advice besides therapy..
I do - anxiety and OCD. I stopped taking my meds as soon as I found out I was pregnant  (I'm now almost 36 weeks). And in all honesty, my symptoms got a lot worse than they have ever been in my life. Not right away, but by the middle or end of my second trimester. I think part of it is the crazy hormones making things worse. Also, I am so afraid of hurting my baby somehow that I'm pretty paranoid over everything. My doctor said I could go back on the medication, but I feel too guilty doing that...  but I have been considering it. I also don't want to be giving my medicine to my son through my breast milk so I really don't know when I can or should go back on my medication... basically right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. Some days are better than others. I also feel extra stressed right now because I'm trying to get ready for the baby and I feel like I'm really behind. Once I'm done, I think I'll be feeling a lot better, and I'll be able to relax.
Thank you ladies! It's good to know I'm not alone! Anxiety is an ugly feeling and can creep up on you at any moment!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.