MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Back pain

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I'm in a lot of pain with my lower back I have tried everything even down to medication from the doctor but nothing is helping does anyone have any ideas what I can do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Try taking a warm bath or shower try taking some Tylenol extra strength as that is the only thing you can take for pain unless your doctor prescribed something for you as you already state he/she did but your still having pain
Helpful - 1
My doctor gave me a referral to a physical therapist, who helps me with strengthening exercises and light massage, which has helped some. I'd recommend doing light exercises like prenatal yoga or swimming: I was so sick for so long that I think all my muscles atrophied and made carrying the extra weight really hard on my back but it's getting more manageable now. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Here's some advice from the MedHelp website and our I'm Expecting app on back pain. You can find this in the app by going to the Pregnancy Diary from the home screen and selecting Back pain from the Symptoms menu. Then click the menu bar in the upper left and select Symptoms Manual to see your symptoms. Hope you feel better soon!

http://www.medhelp.org/pregnancy-health/articles/Back-Pain-During-Pregnancy-Your-Symptoms-Manual/1995
Helpful - 0
Massage
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.