Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Beta HCg level question - early pregnancy

I got a positive pregnancy test on Monday. Tuesday I was bleeding with mild cramping. My Beta hCG on Tuesday was 44, tested again on Thursday was 55. I have stopped bleeding and cramping. (no clots or passing tissue either)
I have read that an average hcg on 15 dpo is 59. If I ovulated a bit later that I thought, that is where I would be.

What are the chances this is viable?
Well the ideal is that it would double in 2 days.  Lets keep our fingers crossed.  It could be too early keep us posted

lisa
To illustrate the limitations of looking at a single measurement, here is a sample reference list for HCG levels in singleton pregnancies, based on days past ovulation (DPO):

* At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml
no wonder with dd, when i asked to know my hgc level the nurse laughed and said oh you're definitly pregnant....i think i was 22 or 23 dpo and had and hgc level of almost 8,000....of course we found out later that i got pg a week earlier than we thought i did.

good luck and let us know what your numbers are doing i hope they climb and climb
nanci
My sister had the invitro fertilization done.  Her LMP began 8/7 on the 8/19 she had the procedure.  Her pg test came out + on 9/9.  She had blood drawn on 9/10 and on 9/12 for hcg levels.  Today they told her that her levels on 9/10 were 65 and 75.  She is devastated.  She's been trying for 5 years.  This was the first positive pregnancy test she has gotten.  She's retesting next week, but she just thinks she will loose this pregnancy.  Isn't 65 and 75 kind of low anyways.  Could the lab be wrong or is that just an indication that something is wrong with he pregnancy.
It shows it could be a problem with the pregnancy.  but do not dispair.  wait for the next draw and see what happens.  I will tell you after 4 yrs of if i got pregnant. my 1st beta was 656 and that was 14 days post ovulation. (i was carrying quintuplets.) it kept going up.. but i hit a  point where i did not double.  Out of the 5 babies i only delivered 1 baby. (thank god a beautiful aby boy) the other 4 babies terminated inside of me during my pregnancy. Well.. I often wonder that the times when my betas were a little weird if it was when one of the babies were miscarrying.  (just a theory.. no too sure if there is any truth at all but a theory) lets pray for her and please keep us posted

lisa

lisa
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.