Birth Control

I know I have a while before I decide, but I'd like to start looking at my options now. I didn't do well with the pill. It had very negative side effects for me, so I'm thinking I want to do something that isn't hormonal. My mom got a Mirena and had to have it surgically removed because it migrated, so I'm scared to death of those things, too. Any suggestions?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had an arm implant called "implanon" its good for 3 to 4 yrs. Its an office procedure. Its progestin only.
I had really good luck with it. The first few mths while your period makes its mind up are kinda annoying but that was it!
I have tried pills,shots,rings,iud's,vaginal films and implanon has been by far my favorite!
Helpful - 0
I was on the patch, ortho evra, it worked good I guess, I didn't end up pregnant again until I quit using it, I believe I gained weight on it though, its one of the side effects but I seem to be prone to gaining weight every time I'm on birth control. lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.