Braxton Hicks

I have been getting strong braxton hicks and tightenings since tuesday morning which are really painful/unbareable, I was seen in the day care unit on thursday an was told I'm suffering from SPD to have baths and take paracetamol it will ease the pain which has not eased the pain at all I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and haven't felt my baby move since thursday morning I told the hospital this and they didnt seem concerned, what shall I do?!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't want to worry you but just a week ago I was about 26 weeks . I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps and tightness, didn't notice my baby moving. The first time i went to the hospital and they had checked my cervix I was already dilated to 1 1/2 , a 2days later it happened again but when I went yp the hospital I was dialated to 4. And on top of all had to have an emergency c section.. I say if your concerned you should call and be checked. Better to be safe. When I called my doctors after hours they told me to come in and when I got to the hospital the first time they gave me steroid shots (for baby's lungs) , magnesium for her brain, and tebrubeline (I think that's how you pronounce it,to stop the contractions). When the contractions stop they'll put you on complete bed rest. But if you start experiencing 6-  1minute long contractions within an hour, you must go to the emergency room. Regardless if its just the tightness or slight cramps. I really hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Don't worry.foetal heart is the most important thing. Download a kick chart, if she still doesn't move den get another opinion. You may have an untreated infection that is affecting your baby.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
when I went to hospital they checked heatbeat that was all & I have tried everything to try get him moving an he just won't move.
Helpful - 0
Do you have an doctor that is on call if so call them. If not I would go to back to the hospital and go to labor and delivery and have them check to see what's going on. Drink some cold ice water to see if the baby will move for you.
Helpful - 0
Did they do an ultrasound or stress.test on.your.baby? I would go get another opinion.if.they didn't check on.your little one :(
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.