Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Breast Pump Question

So I found a Medela breast pump for sale in the paper...I purchased it for $70 along with a santatizer and boppy pillow and ice pack and cooler for bottles and everything.. My question is do you think Wic will give me new parts for it like the tubes breast shields membranes and what not? I know they offered to provide me with a pump but I will not need one seeing I have it I just don't like the idea of using the same stuff that came with the pump...
You should not use the same tubes or membranes no matter what. I'm sure they will provide you with supplies. If your hospital uses medela they should give you some tubes, membranes, flanges and containers. As long as you tell them you want to pump. They have to give it to you for you to use the hospital pump because those things shouldn't be shared.
you'd have to check with your office.  WIC can very from area to area.  Some may have them some may not and they might not have compatible parts.
I'm delivering at the same hospital I had my first son and I know they gave me a medela pump while I was there and gave me the parts to bring him but that was 2 yrs ago hopefully they haven't changed
You could always ask the lactation consultant too.  They are usually more than willing to help mommas breastfeed and if giving you some parts helps that process they are usually ready to help!
Did you check with your insurance to see if they covered a pump before you purchased one? Most insurance companies cover them now, some don't but almost all of the ones I am familiar with do
No I didn't check with the insurance I got it back in January before I had a miscarriage n I just kept it n currently at 31/1 weeks with baby boy now
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.