Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Breast feeding and breast pump questions!!!

I've been trying to do some research on it all, bc I'm a firm believer in providing breast milk for my baby. However I'm at a lost on what kind of pump to use and what bottles to use. I plan to breast feed that first 4-6 weeks. Then start pumping in between meals since I will be going back to college in the Fall. So what do you recommend manual pump vs. electric, what brand, what bottles did you prefer to use pump in one bottles, your basic bottle or bottle with drop in bags. Please ladies I need lots of input from you all. I don't want to invest in something too soon without knowing if it's my best option. Money just doesn't grow on trees lol.
Well if ur going back to school u will probably fair better with an electric pump. It really depends on how much pumping u will need to do. My 1st I had a manual pump, but I only worked 3 days 6 hours & sometimes less depending on if I had clients or not. I pumped into the bottles and used Nuk bottles & Philips bottles. The ones with the nipples that are suppose 2 be like a boob. Hope that helps!
Thanks im in the same situation.  I breastfed my first for 22 months! This one is due in may and I too will be back at school sep...I tried express into bottles with a manual pump with my 1st and barely got any milk out...and it hurt. Hope this time will be easier..and I have heard electric pumps are meant to be easier. ..
Im the same, were not exactly flush but I plan on brest feeding and would like my partner to be able to feed our son also so we bought closer to nature avent bottles (the teat on it is shaped like a mothers nipple so to lessen confusion between brest and bottle. And also we got the manual pump that fits thoes bottles and judging by the comments on them they are the best option and wont break the bank!
I just started breastfeeding my child who is 7 weeks now. He did not latch on at all at first and still does not. We have supplemented with formula since his birth. At first I needed to hand pump then use the electric pump from the hospital which was great so I ordered one from a list of providers that our insurance.covered but I don't like it  so I don't use it much. I use a nipple sheild to help my baby latch on to my breast now and if he is still hungry afterwards I will follow up with a couple ounces of formula to fill him up. So I use everything as of right now but always offer him the breastmilk first before the formula since it's best. Of you plan on giving your child breast milk when you go back to school I would invest in a pump of some sort to store a supply of milk. Less stressful
Double electric, medela. Best investment I ever made and I pumped exclusively fur almost a year bc my daughter self weaned.
Thanks for your inputs ladies :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.