Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Breastfeeding with implants

Has anyone on here who has had breast augmentation been able to breast feed their baby? I have silicone gel implants that are under the muscle. They say you should be able to breast feed but that every situation is different. I am hoping ill be able to. I got my breasts enhanced after my first child (because of the way they looked after having him haha)
You should ask the ladies at the breastfeeding forum, I have heard they are really helpful. I have no idea that's why.
Oh ok thank you. I didn't know there was one. I use the mobile version of this app and it doesn't show as many things!
I have saline implants and was able to breastfeed just fine. If your implant is under the muscle it shouldn't disrupt your mammory glands. People that have breast augumentations have the same chance of bfing as some one who doesn't..according to my surgeon. I had a much bigger supply than all of my friends that didn't have their breasts done. Best wishes :)
I have saline and under the muscle and my milk has come in already to the extent it drips.. im due in 3w but I'm guessing that's a good sign
That's great news! Thanks girls!
My sister has saline implants under the muscle and she breast feeds her 9 month old still :) you should be fine !
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.