I am choosing to have another C section. My 1st was a C section due to not dilating past 1Cm so I have chosen just to schedule the C section that way I know a date and time and I won't have to take the chance of going through labor again and still end in a C section
I had a successful vbac with my 2nd child, 16 months after the first. C section was due to breech positioning. It was hard, but I am so glad I did it. Second baby didn't go to nicu, and was much easier to nurse. I didn't even have an epidural. I am expecting my third now, and I am looking forward to another vbac.
I had a emergency c-section with my first now pregnant with my second I decided to do c section my first was very easy to nurse. I'm scared of scar opening back up my doctor said that's very common
I had a planned c section for my first (footling breech) and had a successful VBAC second. My second pregnancy was horrible and very high stress levels throughout, so I was booked for another c-section. I ended up in labour three days before, and was given then option when I arrived at the hospital. I decided to give it a go. While there was a few restrictions (constant heart monitoring, and only 1 hour of active pushing allowed) it was amazing.
I was induced with my third, as he was still born, so I don't know where that leaves me now, 18 weeks with my fourth. If I get the option and all is well, I would definitely be going with the natural birth, and would recommend it to anyone. Good luck. :-)
Definitely suggest trying for a vbac!! The pros definitely out way the risks! At least try is what I would say. I know three women who just this year have had awesome vbacs and they all said it was actually very healing emotionally for them!
I had an emergency csection with my first i had stopped dialating at 8cm and was getting an infection and so was my baby...nursing was a challenge since the nurses had started to bottle feed my son. However for my second pregnancy i definitely wanted to give birth naturally since my expirience with the csection was traumatizing so i tried for vbac the doctor was wonderful they monitored baby and me closely they explained and answered all my questions and the dr was all for it so it made it more encouraging unfortunately it ended in another emergency csection since i started to get the same infection i stopped dilating at 8cm again baby changed position putting her shoulder first and turned out i had preeclampsia which my dr who i had been seeing for prenatal care hadn't detected.. It was a long process but at least i know i gave it a try
Ok, your chances for rupture during a vbac are, according to my ob, 1%. I developed HELLP during labor with my first, I plan to have a vbac with this one. If you aren't up for major surgery, then by all means have a vbac. This is after all your decision. Just learn the facts. If your ob has a good vbac rate, you can typically ask and get good feedback. On the flip side, if your ob has a high section rate, you may end up with one anyway. Again, keep asking questions and make an informative decision.
I am choosing to have another C-section with this pregnancy. My son was an emergency c-section because he was too large to fit into the birth canal (he was 10 pounds 10 ounces). Both my husband's and my families are known for have large babies; all except 1 or 2 have been in the 9-10 pound range. My hips just aren't wide enough to accommodate babies that size.