Chickenpox

I haven't had chickenpox as a child but I has a mild case of me seals. I think my 4 yo has chickenpox and idk if I am at risk for catching it. Do I need to inform my ob I'm in contact with someone with pox?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My kiddos got sick a couple weeks ago my son developed a rash (little dots) and I was supper scared it could be chicken pox but the dots where just inside his skin any ways that went away and a week later hid fingertips stated to peal!! Eww found out he had had scarlet fever. Check also to see if ur kiddos rash is only on her hands foot and mouth as that could also be not chicken pox but a form of it
Helpful - 0
Call your OB right away. Chicken pox are very dangerous for pregnant women.
Helpful - 0
I'm hoping it's just viral. I'm going to take her to the doc today to confirm. She doesn't want to stay awake though so it's going I be hard lol
Helpful - 0
Yes without a doubt contact your doctor and tell them this..a simple blood test will tell whether you are immune or not and your doctor then can advise you further as what to do,if you had the measles you could very well be immune but id certainly run it by your doctor
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.