Cold symptoms

I have had cold symptoms for weeks. I finally broke down and went to med express where they pretty much treated me like a criminal for wanting to feel better. I has tried all the home  remedies but nothing worked. They ended up giving me an antibiotic at med express. I felt better for  a few days  but now I feel  worse then I did before. I feel like someone is scrapping my throat with a knife everytime I cough which is like every five minutes. One of my coworkers said I should get used to it because I will feel this way the rest of my pregnancy. Any help? Will I really feel like this my whole pregnancy?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You could have a sore throat from drainage. If your not feeling better when you finish your antibiotics then go see your Dr.
Helpful - 0
no thats not true!i know stuffy nose is common in pregnancy..but a throat as sore as that definitely isnt..did they give you a course of antibiotics?if they havent worked and uve taken all u had..id go back to the dr/get seen..if its been going on that long u need help!
Helpful - 0
I finished the antibiotic but I still feel awful. When I went they basically were pretty nasty and said there wasn't much they could do. I realize we can't take much but surely feeling this awful isn't healthy for the baby either. I don't even want to hardly eat I feel so bad. I eat because I know it's what's best for my little one
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.