Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Come out please!!!!!

I'm being induced early because of the size of my baby but in trying to do any thing I can to help her come on her own. Any tips? Please help!
Tell your doctor you really don't want to induce and to give her a chance to come on her own.

What are your options and why does your doctor feel the need to induce because your baby could possibly be large? Is the baby at risk are you at risk?
If you don't want to and there is no medical reason you are entitled to decline the induction.

Hope all works out.
Walking, brisk walking or sex worked for me.....overdue now myself on no. 4, was due today so will be heading for a nice long walk  after I drop the kids to school in the morning if she doesn't shift tonight herself.
Agree with 3rdNdone.....hospital keep talking about inducing....I wont have any of it...my first two were 9lbers, my 3rd nearly 11lb and this time around they're guessing between 8-10lbs.....had my first three all natural with no pain relief...wouldnt give into the pressure of the doc wanting to induce...there was no issue for it
Hehe I'm anticipating 11 lbs this time too dondyboo. And i soo appreciate hearing from other woman who did it natural. I agree with both ladies... what they consider big is not that big, the ultrasounds are extremely inaccurate, and the rates of shoulder dystocia are very low, nothing compared to the complications of induction. Furthermore, no one knows what the long term effects of forcing a baby out before their fully developed, will be later down the line. These are abortion drugs and you will be terminating your pregnancy. They literally told me I had no choice with my first and induced me so I'm at a birthing center.. I refuse to do that to myself or my child again.
Per doctor she was measuring 9 lbs at 36 weeks. So she said it would be safest to induce baby after I hit 39 weeks which is in a few days. I've been walking like crazy and my little pumpkin hasn't dropped nor am I dilated. Thanks for the pointers. I will definitely tall more about this at my appt tomorrow.
Those estimates are often off by 2 pounds.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.