Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Complete Loss of Sanity

I'm 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant. My baby is already 8 pounds and she's in the 99th perventile for head size. At my last obgyn appointment, I thought my doctor would plan an induction or C-section. Instead, he's letting things progress as if nothing is wrong, assuring me that the horrendous tearing of my vagina can be fixed by sewing it up like Frankenstein (Franken-gina?). Will I be ok? Sure. Am I ok now? Nope. I don't want to suffer through and have a horrible delivery that will likely result in C-section anyway. So, I'm horribly depressed and anxious. I hate myself, everyone around me, and I genuinely hate life. I want to scream and cry, which does happen, but that doesn't help. So, I'm going to do whatever it takes to induce my own labor. Sex as much as I can stand, walking 2 to 3 miles a day, and whatever else will work. Any tips?
With my first I w as told he was 8 pounds, when he was born he was only 6.12 so it's not 100% accurate. also many people have big babies naturally your body is made to deliver.  I tore very badly with him  (even being so small) bc I had a quick labor. I was stitched and no my vagina is not the same and never will be but it's not a problem. my suggestion is not to look after you give birth lol. This is my second and I am worried about tearing again with the scar tissue but I'll heal as long as baby is healthy. with my first it did take a while to heal . I've heard using coconut oil or vitamin e will help prevent tearing. Also nipple stimulation is supposed to work.
I am using my breast pump too. That's supposed to help.
The doctors told me that if the baby was more than 9 pounds, I would need a c section because I wouldn't be able to push him out. They did an ultra sound and said he shouldn't be more than 8 pounds. He was born 10 pounds and I pushed him out in 5 minutes with no tearing. Doctors are not always accurate so don't trust them so much.
Measuring a baby at that gestation isn't that accurate. My son was 8 pounds 8 ounces and was the smallest of all his cousins. My brother was born at 11 pounds vaginal. Just because baby is big doesn't garuntee you'll struggle to give birth.
My  son was 8 lbs and I pushed him out. I did tear & the healing process was a little longer & of course my vagina isn't the same nor will it ever be, but  you'll be OK! & it the fact the my vagina doesn't look the same doesn't bother me one bit as long as my son is HEALTHY & HAPPY.  
Yeah please don't stress, but we understand, when I hit my 40 weeks and no sign of baby wanting to come out, I began to panic too! I began stressing thinking every day past my due date my baby would grow bigger and bigger and I would not be able to push her out. I had her at exactly 41 weeks and she was 7lbs and 2 oz. Came out in three real good pushes! I also cried that whole week and cries out to God to help my baby come out. I think we all cry during pregnancy.
My mother went to cut some grass - physical work back then. Movement of the torso is quite drastic but definitely helped her to get me out!

Cheer up!
I have had 3 healthy babies an with the 1st 2 I was cut because they were big babies but my vagina healed very well an was just as tight or even more so after they healed..... it just depends on ur dr an how good they r at there job. My 3rd baby was 8lb even he was supposed to be 10 according to the dr that's y they induced me a week early. I did tear a lil but only needed two stich an I healed very nicely. Me an my husband actually had to really take our time the 1st time we had sex after him cuz he was to big lol.... just make sure an do ur keagles after an befor baby they really help alot. I'm on my 4th baby an feeling like I'm going to give birth to a toddler lol..
I was told my baby would be big.  He was 7lbs exactly.  Their weight measurements are often wrong. And usually it just means they're a little tubby, not that they've got a monstrously sized head or anything.  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.