Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Do any of you go to the gym?

Im 38 weeks pregnant and live in ny and i really need to walk... do any of you go to the gym and use the walker? Do they allow that? It would be planet fitness... i just though of it... has any of you gone at the third trimester? I feel like they going to give me the lookss
They might give you looks. Ignore them. I have gone some, but not recently, kind of gave up on the gym while pregnant. Still if you feel able, there isn't any reason not to go. You know your limits, just don't push them.
Im going to try and go tomorrow im just scared they going to deny me since i have a huge belly and i really dont want to keep going to walmart to walk it off... i would use it for 30- 40 minutes just for walking... ita going to snow again tomorrow and walkin on the icy street not so good :/
I don't think they can turn you away. You have a membership right? They never really bother people at all, at least not at the planet fitnesses I've gone to. And everyone knows walking is good for pregnant women. If they do give you trouble have your doc write you a note.
Yes i have the membership and i cant believe i didnt think of it before. Deff going to go tomorrow and see :)
Good luck! And enjoy yourself. Maybe I'll drop in and use their treadmill too sometime. I've just felt so lazy about exercising while pregnant, bah. You've inspired me :D
I dont go to an actual gym, i have some equipment here at home, but when i used to go i saw lots of pregnant ladies there, they cant deny you a membership, because when you sign the contract you are doing it at your own risk and saying that you have consulted with your doctor about starting to exercise, have fun working out, it will help you sleep =D
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.