Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Due date

I'm pregnant for the first time :) my question is..when the doctor determines how far along you are from the first ultrasound does it normally line up from your last missed period or a couple weeks later when you would have been ovulating?
From the first day of your last period.  Not from when you would have been ovulating.  From day 1 of bleeding of the last period you had before getting pregnant.  All medical counts use day 1 of bleeding as the start point for a pregnancy.  If your cycles are irregular, the ultrasound's computer will compute the start point by looking at the size of the embryo, but will still count back the two weeks from the assumed conception, to get to the average day 1 of last period.
Okay. Thank you so much!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.