Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Early genetic testing

Undecided about getting the early genetic testing. I am 9 weeks now, 31 years old, 1st baby.  We are worried it will cause unnecessary worry, but we have to decide by the beginning of next week. Any opinions?
I think its better to get it done to make sure baby is fine it should not be a worry better safe to know then not know you are young and if your family or husbands family don't have genetic defects or abnormalities the baby should be okay it's mostly high risk if it's most common in family DNA. whatever you decide God bless you & baby.

It's entirely up to you. I opted out since the outcome wouldn't sway my decision to keep my baby or not. Some get the testing done either way so if something is wrong they can be prepared.
We didn't have the testing done bc we wouldn't have ended the pregnancy either way...totally ur call but that's mainly why we opted out. Also, you can get a false positive or negative on the test and have a child with or without issues. Too much worrying for us.
Testing alerted us to my son's birth defect and he was able to be properly monitored during my pregnancy because of it. I recommend getting it done. If you wouldn't abort either way, no reason not to prepare yourself.
I am 30y/o and opted to not go through the testing. We had to go through IUI to get pregnant and the results of the genetic test wasn't going to make a difference. From the research I did there are a lot of false positives that push people into more testing like an amniocentesis which increases chances of a miscarriage. It is totally up to you, make the best choice you can given all the facts. No shame or regret in that. Good luck!!
I had it done bc my midwife said they can look at other things like organs for defects and I know a friend of mine whose baby was born with a defect that needed immediate surgery. So I think it's worth it to find out things like that...  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.