Extended cord time

Has anyone done this? And how did your ob/gyn  go along with it? I am thinking of going ahead with it but I don't know how mideval my doctor is he seems open to stuff but he's really hard to read so it's a big guessing game. What do you ladies think?
I am attempting this. Due dec 17.  The Dr i spoke with said as long as no complications they will wait and respect my wishes. Seemed to roll his eyes about it though, stating there is no proof it is beneficial but he can suck it. Its my baby & i feel based on what ive researched that it is beneficial.
Yeah everyone I've talked to has acted a similar way like it doesn't really matter all that much. Idk  I've seen a lot of benefits from it.
My Dr and her group of doctors believe in doing it so I'm all for it if the situation is appropriate.
I have opted for this within my birth plan too! I'm from the UK and it is something that drs and midwifes really seem to encourage.. so long as everything goes smoothly and we avoid any complications that is!
if it benefits my baby then I'm all for it, only 19days to go.

Good luck to you all!
I just had twins two weeks ago and was able to practice it! my midwife and the doctors at my clinic all practice it regularly. just meant I was holding my son while pushing for,my daughter, but I wanted skin to skin anyway

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.