Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Glucose test

Ok so I just got my results for the 1 hour test and it was 149 and so I have to go back and have a 3 hour fasting test in the morning. Is 149 bad or just Ok? I know nothing about glucose levels and just curious if anyone has gotten around what I did and passed the 3 hour test. I know everyone is different just wanted to know. All my blood work has been off this hole pregnancy and they can't explain why. Baby girl looks great and has been measuring 3 days behind so it's not like she's big. I'm 27+4 and doing good so far other than up and down blood pressure but I had that with my son last year. Any help would be great. Thanks!!
They usually want glucose test results below 130. Many people fail the one hour and pass the 3 hour with flying colors.   Just make sure you fast before you go.
It was just shocking! This is baby #3 and never had problems before. I haven't had an appetite with this baby girl so I don't really eat that much or badly. I don't plan on eating after dinner tonight and stop drinking at bedtime normally 10:00 so I should be ok. She said nothing after midnight.
And thanks!
It just happens that way sometimes. Gestational diabetes is very easily managed if caught early and you follow the diet :) try not to worry it will all be OK, but hopefully you pass the 3 hour!
Normal is 140 so you missed it by 9 points I missed mine by 7 points and had to do the 3 hour test you have to fast for 10 hours before you take the 3 hour test tho make sure you do that!!!
Thanks lady's!

Squirt_13 did you pass?

The office doesn't open until 8:30 and so by the time they get me back and draw my blood it should be 10 hours. I will stop drinking and eating around 9:30 then.
My first test was 176 and I passed the 3 hour no problem
You can have all the water you want just no gum or mints anything like that only water is what I was told :-) you should be good!
I passed with flying colors.. Lol
Such a relief. Thanks everyone!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.