Has anyone been Givin a shot to stop contractions?

Ok i went to the hospital yesterday because i felt like i was having contractions, turns out I was right,but because im only 35 weeks they gave me an IV to trt and stop the contractions, it didnt work so they gave me a Terbutaline shot to stop the contractions.They said they want to try and wait tell im at least 37 weeks to deliever her.Now i hate the way that shot made me feel. If i have contractions again, can they give you that shot again or could i refuse it?
I've had it, twice with the same pregnancy. I also didn't like how it made me feel. I was having active contractions since 32 weeks but was dilating so slowly they kept sending me home. You can absolutely refuse it, it's your body. I started refusing it. I kept going in to get checked out, they would just monitor me for hours sometimes. If they got the contractions to get further apart the they would send me home. My daughter made it to 39 weeks and 2 days.
Good luck.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.