Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Healthy Pregnancy Challenge- Drink Water!!

I went to my midwife appointment earlier this week, and she was evaluating my diet and giving me tips on what I could improve on.  

I usually have water that I sip on all day long, so I didn't think I was falling short on my water goal- but she made sure to point out that I needed about 100 ounces of water a day!  That's a little more than I have been doing!

How are you doing with your water intake?  Let's keep track together and get those 100 ounces in!  Come back each day or week and let us know how you have done and what your plan has been!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I bought a 1 liter bottle from the store the other day- my plan is to carry that around and drink four of those in a day, that should over and above cover 100 ounces!
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you need some help tracking your water intake- be sure to check out the MedHelp water tracker, you can find that one, and all the other trackers here:

https://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/list/
How did she figure out how much water you needed?  
Great question!  I didn't ask- so I did a little research on it- apparently it's common to recommend a higher amount of water intake while pregnant (12-14 glasses is a common recommendation I found)- due to higher risk of UTI, constipation, and hemorrhoids.  In addition to that it can assist with those pesky pregnancy headaches, swelling, and over heating.  Also, it helps to spread the nutrients to the placenta.  Now that I know a bit more about why, it's easier to get a bit motivated to do it!  ;)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.